AIRWAYS OPTICAL - SOUTHAMPTON
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Competitive Remuneration Package
Reporting into the Production Manager, as Continuous Improvement Engineer you will join a manufacturing team responsible for leading World Class Manufacturing techniques to support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement. The Continuous Improvement Engineer’s will have the objectives of reducing waste, energy usage, manufacturing costs, while improving quality and increasing efficiency, reliability and safety, through:
- Developing & maintaining process controls across production.
- Optimising machine performance with OEM suppliers to drive capacity improvements.
- Optimising existing processes and tools for cycle time and yield improvement.
- Working with other departments to install environmental controls to reduce variations.
- Assisting in production operations to drive improvement in manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques.
- Being responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects.
- Driving the standardisation of processes and implementation of metrics and bestpractices.
- Assisting in setting annual operational targets and drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Identifying and implementing new technologies, specification of requirements, Capex justification, planning and implementation in-line with defined budgets.
The successful candidates will:
- Be Degree (or HND) qualified in a relevant Engineering subject
- Have either a mechanical or chemical bias
- Have the ability to respond positively to working within a pressurised environment
- Be results driven
- Have sound knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles and a proven track record of using these to implement change improvements, ideally Green belt or higher qualification
- Be able to communicate at all levels, be confident and articulate, and have accomplished presentation skills
These are pivotal roles and superb opportunities to join our client on the journey of growth and expansion, offering excellent career advancing opportunities.
If you believe you have the relevant experience, can demonstrate impressive key achievements in your career to date and are ambitious to drive personal, team and company success, then please apply for immediate consideration.